Best 30th Birthday Ideas
Thirty years is a long time to be alive, and you should be excited to celebrate such a wonderful milestone! Birthday celebrations are more than just an excuse to party. They offer you a memory to hold onto and share with loved ones. Whether you are planning on having a small group of friends and family or inviting everyone and their mothers, here are some of the best birthday ideas for turning thirty:
- Go Camping – Plan a trip outdoors and reconnect with nature. You can visit a familiar campsite or go on an adventure. Either way, you’re sure to have an awesome fire at the end of the night with stars and smores.
- Pub Crawl – Why go bar hopping when you can pub crawl? With more than just liquor, pubs are the new wave of cool, and they offer a wider selection of craft beer and creative snacks. You can make the pub crawl even more wild by having everyone dress up in a costume or wearing something fun. Just be sure that everyone has a plan to get home safely.
- Bar-b-que – If going out isn’t really your style, try kicking it at home and relaxing with a good ol’ backyard celebration. BBQ’s are fun to attend and you can invite guests to bring their own meat if you want to save on party expenses.
- Live Music – Everyone loves going to see a live music act, so why not go see a show for your birthday? Although it may not be your favorite band of all time, going out to see live music is always fun. You might even get the band to sing happy birthday to you!
- Rent a Boat – For the majestic at heart, boats offer convenient ways to experience nature while also enjoying the comforts of staying indoors. You can rent a yacht, borrow a sailboat, or even do your best on a canoe.
- Sing Karaoke – If you were destined to be on the stage, take your friends out for a private, VIP-inspired night at a karaoke bar. Everyone can take turns singing solos, duets, and who even needs a microphone when everyone is singing “We Are The Champions” at the top of their lungs?
- Road Trip – Although you may not be able to invite very many people, road trips are a good way to turn your special day into a special week. There are plenty of themes for taking a road trip, such as through the desert, along the coast, or going on wine tastings. Whatever your destination may be, take the time to ensure your vehicle is caught up on maintenance and ready to hit the open road.
- Take a Cooking Class – If you are looking to spicen up your birthday with a little romance, take your partner out for a cooking class. It’s a great way to have fun, learn something new, and experience other cultures.
- Skydiving – For those of us who could use more adrenaline in their lives, why not go skydiving for your 30th birthday? If jumping out of a plane doesn’t make sense to you, there are indoor skydiving businesses that give you the same sensation.